Date:      Wed, 23 Apr 1997 04:51:14 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Gary Clark II <gclarkii@main.gbdata.com>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: uucico over ppp connection

J Wunsch wrote:
> As Gary Clark II wrote:
>
> > With this setup, I don't see why you would need the uucp unless they have
> > a dynamic address setup.
>
> Because UUCP is the only really working batch file transmission
> protocol, at least in the Unix world.  The added overhead isn't
> overwhelming, and with Taylor's `i' protocol, you even get
> bidirectional transfers.
>
> I'm also using it to get all my mail and news, mostly over direct
> modem links, but also over IP whenever i'm currently connected to the
> Internet.

What I ment is the simple fact that Sendmail would handle sending the queue
to them if they had a static address and where on-line when the queue ran.

> --
> cheers, J"org
>
> joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/ -- NIC: JW11-RIPE
> Never trust an operating system you don't have sources for. ;-)

Gary

--
Gary Clark II   (N5VMF) |    I speak only for myself and "maybe" my company
gclarkii@GBData.COM     |          Member of the FreeBSD Doc Team