Date:      Thu, 01 May 1997 15:17:49 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Tim Tsai <tim@futuresouth.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ld.so/ldconfig problem

At 01:06 PM 5/01/97 -0500, Tim Tsai wrote:
>  We are seeing a strange problem with ld.so.  A customer is trying to
>run xauth but keeps having problem with a shared library.  I have run
>ldconfig to add the X11R6 library path and the problem persists.  The
>only way around this so far is to manually set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>variable to include /usr/X11R6/lib.  Any ideas?

I had / have the same problem... Not sure whats going on, but the messy
little hack I used to get around it was to create individual symlinks in
/usr/lib pointing to /usr/X11R6/lib

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mike@sentex.net)           * To do is to be  -- Nietzsche
Sentex Communications Corp,              * To be is to do  -- Sartre
Cambridge, Ontario                       * Do be do be do  -- Sinatra
(http://www.sentex.net/~mdtancsa)        *