Date:      Mon, 12 May 1997 12:35:58 -0700
From:      Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: omniORB port to FreeBSD

Amancio Hasty wrote:

> Cool, I am interested and we do need someone to keep track of such
> things as ACE, ILU, and now omniORB 8)
>
>         Cheers,
>         Amancio

Hey, don't forget about OmniBroker.  It's another CORBA 2 compliant ORB
for C++, and while it's not GPL'ed like omniORB (which is, IMHO, a good
thing :), it is freely available for non-commercial use, and has source
code.  Unfortunately, it's not multithreaded yet, but will be soon.
BTW, the author of OmniBroker seems very interested in promoting and
maintaining it.  It's available at:

http://www.ooc.com/

BTW, I was looking for a free ORB to port to BeOS, which is why I was
very interested to see the announcement of omniORB.  Having two strong
products is always better than being stuck with one, and thanks to the
miracle of CORBA, omniORB and OmniBroker should be 100% interoperable
(if not, its a bug!).

|Jake Hamby| APT Engineer at JPL, CS student at Cal Poly, and BeOS
developer!|
"You can't talk to a psycho like a normal human being." - Poe