Date:      Sat, 17 May 1997 23:48:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ulf Zimmermann <ulf@Alameda.net>
To:        rewt@i-Plus.net (Troy Settle)
Cc:        isp@freebsd.com, eddie@eaznet.com
Subject:   Re: Livingston vs. USR

> From: Eddie Fry <eddie@eaznet.com>
>
> >Hey,
> >
> >We're currently looking into a USR Total Control.  I can't seem to
> find
> >a decent "wholesale" vendor for Livingston.  The retail cost of a
> Total
> >Control ISP Bundle with T-1 card, 24 modem ports, SW, etc is 21,780.
> >can get it much cheaper than that from Tech Data and Anixter.  Where
> are
> >the best deals for Livingston?  None of my vendors (I also operate
> >network consulting business) seem to carry them.:(
> >
> >Thanks for any info.
> >
> >Eddie

Urgs. If you like command line interfaces, DO NOT buy a Descend. I have
a 4002 and would like to get rid of it as soon as possible.

I tried several 5.0A releases and have with all trouble (and that even I am
on the same CO as Ascend themself).

> Have you looked into Ascend?  We've been using a Max 4004 for quite
> some time now, and have had 0 problems with it.  Supposed to handle
> up to 4 T1/PRI lines, and either 72 or 96 digital modems (not sure if
> the 16 port cards are out yet) offering k56flex, ISDN, and maybe
> other connections as well (dedicated lines).
>
> --
> Troy Settle <st@i-Plus.net>
> Network Administrator, iPlus Internet Services
> http://www.i-Plus.net

Ulf.

Ulf Zimmermann, 1525 Pacific Ave., Alameda, CA-94501, #: 510-769-2936
Alameda Networks, Inc. | http://www.Alameda.net  | Fax#: 510-521-5073