Date:      Tue, 24 Jun 1997 17:15:31 +0300
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
To:        "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
Cc:        echiu@majendie.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Best way to upgrade to 2.2.2 from 2.2.1

Paul T. Root wrote:

   [snip]

> Here's a question then. 2.2.1's X distribution was linked with 3.0
> current, and we were all warned against loading it. Is that fixed for
> 2.2.2? So wilee upgrade, the entire distribution work ok?

#include <std_disclaimer.h>

I *think* it's O.K., but frankly I haven't tried. On top of that, the
latest 2.2 SNAP on the ftp site installs XFree 3.3. If you have a
working XFree 3.2 on a system I think you'll be better off leaving the
old one (why mess with something that is known to be working). It's
pretty easy to test it out. Just back up /usr/X11R6 before you start, so
you can always go back if it goes wrong.

> > 3. When sysinstall is finished it will let you merge your old /etc
> > files. Simply diff new and old versions to find out what have changed.
> > 4. Reboot, and be happy.
> >
> > Hope this helps,
> > Nadav
> >

> --
> What is the mating call of a blonde?  --"I'm SOOOO drunk!!"
Nadav