Date:      Tue, 8 Jul 1997 13:41:34 -0400
From:      Josh Tiefenbach <josh@ican.net>
To:        Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
Cc:        scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Prob w/DPT driver v1.1.6 (update)

On Tue, Jul 08, 1997 at 10:04:55AM -0400, I wrote:

> Ok. I'll try that next. I'm in the process in testing the thing in a
> development box I have lying around

Update:

I've stuck the DPT into a Pentium box (apparently Magitronic brand - VX
chipset, P-100, DPT board in PCI slot 1. Buslogic card in PCI slot 2), and
recompiled with the DPT_SINTR_SPLHIGH option.

I pounded on the RAID (4 disks - Atlas I's upgraded to firmware rev L915,
RAID-5 conf) for a while - multiple tar's of large file trees, multiple dd's,
and a scp of /usr/src from a remote machine.

Everything seemed fine, until ~80 minutes into the scp, the machine locked.
Solid. Required power cycle. Note: This was the same behavior we had observed
previously (w/ v1.1.0 of the driver) on our production box (a news feeder) -
things would trundle along fine for ~ an hour, and then <wham> locked solid.

josh

--
Josh Tiefenbach - Assistant Gopher - ACC TelEnterprises - josh@ican.net