Date:      Tue, 29 Jul 1997 09:32:04 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        cvs-all@freebsd.org, cvs-committers@freebsd.org, cvs-usrsbin@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/usr.sbin/lpr/common_source common.c displayq.c rmjob.c startdaemon.c src/usr.sbin/lpr/lpc cmds.c src/usr.sbin/lpr/lpd printjob.c recvjob.c src/usr.sbin/lpr/lpr lpr.c

In message <199707291452.AAA05890@godzilla.zeta.org.au> Bruce Evans writes:
: `#if __STDC__' was correct.  `if __STDC__ == 1' would have been
: more correct.  If __STDC__ is defined as anything other than 1, then
: nonstandardness is guaranteed.

This change was made to reduce the number of diffs between FreeBSD's
lpr/lpd and OpenBSD's.  Since I do a lot of time merging changes
between the two, gratuitous differences make my life harder when I run
diffs.  I plan on making some minor changes to OpenBSD's lpr/lpd so
that the sizeof() stuff is at least consistant between the two.

Since both #if __STDC__ and #ifdef __STDC__ work on FreeBSD, I saw no
reason to have this difference in the two source bases.

: `#ifdef __STDC__' works too.  However, in /usr/src, there are 864
: instancs of `#if __STDC__' and 1004 instances of '#ifdef __STDC__',
: not to mention 73 instances of '#if defined(__STDC__)' and 48 instances
: of '#if defined (__STDC__)'.  Do you really wish to change them all?
: (y or n) :-).  Most of the ifdefs are from Sun and Gnu.

No.  I don't really wish to change them all :-).

Warner