Date:      Tue, 09 Sep 1997 07:33:00 -0600
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>
To:        Doug Ledford <dledford@dialnet.net>
Cc:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>, "Daniel M. Eischen" <deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org>, aic7xxx@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Interesting anomoly with a 2940UW

>Followed by a bunch more timeouts, then eventually a bus reset, then things
>went back to normal.  I kind of liked seeing the qoutcnt = 17, that
>shouldn't ever happen since I'm running with the spin lock.

Does your spin lock completely empty the FIFO before setting the sequencer
variable to 0?  It doesn't sound like it.  The 17 could simply be from
overflowing the QOUTFIFO as, although the documentation claims insertions
when full are a no-op, I'm not sure I believe it.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations