Date:      Fri, 12 Sep 1997 13:29:57 -0700
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        mika ruohotie <bsdcur@shadows.aeon.net>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvsup

Thanks for the info about the CVSup crashes you've been having.

> > binary, installed the package, built the port.)  Also, please send me
>
> built, few times, i never use packages. =)

Would you be willing to take a static binary that I've compiled with
debugging symbols, run it under gdb, and (if it crashes) send me the
stack backtrace (output of gdb's "where" command)?  I haven't had
good luck with M3 core dumps when shared libraries are involved.
Also, unless our systems are fairly close in sync, there's a good
chance that the gdb here won't be able to read a core file generated
on your machine.

It will also be interesting to see whether the static binary even
fails at all.  If it doesn't, I'll have something new for you to
try.

John