Date:      Thu, 18 Sep 1997 16:30:13 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
To:        (Joerg Wunsch) <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Make Release Build Errors...  More...

Hi J Wunsch;  On 18-Sep-97 you wrote:
>  As Simon Shapiro wrote:
>
> > I do not understand what ``...textproc/sgmlformat will fix that...''
> > mean
> > :-(  Should I add this command to the Makefile at some point?  Is it a
> > utility I should have on the system?  Sorry, but FreeBSD ha so much in
> > it
> > that I cannot learn it all at once :-(
>
>  You need to install this port, in order to build the doc tree (which
>  is no longer part of the src tree).  You need to be able to build the
>  doc tree in order to make a release (since documentation should still
>  be shipped with releases).
>
>  Without looking into the Makefile, i would quickly guess that building
>  the doc tree is optional.  Did you even look there?

Yup.  Looked there and saw one can kill the doc build but not an indication
that the port needs to build.  As I said, it is installed on the system.
I'll try again...

>  --
>  cheers, J"org
>
>  joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/ -- NIC:
>  JW11-RIPE
>  Never trust an operating system you don't have sources for. ;-)

---

Sincerely Yours,                               (Sent on 18-Sep-97, 16:16:49
by XF-Mail)

Simon Shapiro                                                Atlas Telecom
Senior Architect         14355 SW Allen Blvd., Suite 130 Beaverton OR 97005
Shimon@i-Connect.Net          Voice:  503.643.5559, Emergency: 503.799.2313