Date:      Thu, 25 Sep 1997 22:57:23 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      mika ruohotie <bsdchat@shadows.aeon.net>
To:        softweyr@xmission.com (Wes Peters)
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux faster thasn FreeBSD

> mika ruohotie writes:
>  > s3v, that it's out of mem, i need to free up some (like it'd be on
>  > windows machine), but all it's using is about 24 megs, and i have like
>  > all the swap available, and some ram too...
> Maybe you're hitting a per-process limit?  Check your /etc/login.conf
> for whatever login class you fall into.

nope, it's not that, it's netscape being buggy and thinking it doedsnt
have memory available, since it's the only proggie with the said
prob, and it's telling it to me _itself_, it's not bsd telling me...

and any other proggie seems to be prefectly capable of eating up my ram.

i'll try that x-server '-bs' flag next time i restart it.

mickey