Date:      Mon, 6 Oct 1997 15:29:27 +0200
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
To:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
Cc:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: netboot.com

On Fri, Oct 03, 1997 at 08:23:46AM +0200, Christoph Kukulies wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 02, 1997 at 06:11:00PM +0100, Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> > > Anyone using netboot.com recently?
> > >
> > > I compiled a version for WD (-DINCLUDE_WD) and want to use it
> > > with a WD8013.
> >
> > I am using it everyday although my code is pretty old (april perhaps ?)
> > Am having no problems. Do you want a copy of my sources (mostly the
> > same as -current)
>
> Yes. please.
> But only if you are using a WD80xx card and not a PCI card nor a
> NE2000 or 3COM.
>
> Does the load address play a role? 0x90000 ?

Just to let you know that diskless booting work out:

The problem was: I tried always to run netboot.com from the DOS floppy.
The correct program is nb8390.com (or whatever is appropriate to one's
network card). The latter is the binary skipped by one block which seems
just what a .com files makes. Could swaer that I formerly ran the
netboot.com successfully (2 or 3 years ago)