Date:      Tue, 14 Oct 1997 08:26:02 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jim Bryant <jbryant@unix.tfs.net>
To:        grog@lemis.com (Greg Lehey)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: F1.17 (was Re: C2 Trusted FreeBSD?)

In reply:
> On Tue, Oct 14, 1997 at 05:27:29PM +0930, Mike Smith wrote:
> >> Now the B2, on the other hand - that may indeed be a bomber who's
> >> primary mission no longer justifies its cost.  Better to do today's
> >> job with smaller, less expensive units.
> >
> > The notion that you need a pilot at the controls at all is the
> > obsolescent concept.  With todays state-of-the-art in semi- and
> > fully-autonomous RPVs, piloted military aircraft are close to becoming
> > dinosaurs.
>
> OK, guys, who's going to be the first to have a FreeBSD box fly a
> bomber?

We DO have an ADA compiler.

beside the point...

sorry guys...  i should have realized from the initial gov-slam what
the guy was doing...

interesting discussion, all i wanted to do was to point out that the
gentleman in question was both off topic and out of line, concerning
the government's ability to keep a secret.  which has everything to do
with the topic, but i guess analogies are too much for some people.

this topic has nothing to do with key escrow, or the government
building bombing right-wing unpatriotic whacko-movement's idea of what
key escrow is.  listen to the whackos on their mouthpieces [WWCR
shortwave, others] and if you still question key escrow, then i
question your motives.

now the statements are being extended to proven effective weapons
systems, which is a lively topic, but has no place here.

what i know about tomahawk, i cannot say here, but that the weapon
works much better than anyone else here knows.

btw: there is nothing wrong with the surface coatings of the f117a,
the problems have been found in the b2, and are actively being
solved...  get your facts straight before inserting your foot in your
mouth.

for those of us who know the facts, let's get back on the original
topic of C2+ security.

for the other gentleman, please take your crap to alt.conspiracy,
which, based on your commments, is right up your alley.

this topic has no place in -hackers, if it keeps going, i'm going to
rip into someone and make him look like a fool [with UNCLASS facts, of
course].

jim
--
All opinions expressed are mine, if you    |  "I will not be pushed, stamped,
think otherwise, then go jump into turbid  |  briefed, debriefed, indexed, or