Date:      Mon, 20 Oct 1997 18:23:19 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, jacques@wired.ctech.ac.za
Subject:   Re: values for exit()

> > errno.h
>
> Only in TerryBSD.  In FreeBSD, stick with sysexits(3).

Too bad you didn't quote the rest of my message.

The other OS's whose shells output messages for the program exit
values for non-script driven program starts are:

	UnixWare 1.x
	UnixWare 2.x
	Solaris 2.x
	SCO Version 5

Of course, Jorg could be right, and everyone else could be wrong.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.