Date:      Tue, 04 Nov 1997 00:03:10 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        Jun-ichiro itojun Itoh <itojun@itojun.org>, Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, Paul Emerson <paul@gta.com>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Libretto 50 - US Version and PAO

In message <199711030653.RAA01957@word.smith.net.au> Mike Smith writes:
: Just following on a discussion with Nate about the whole IRQ-in-CIS
: thing; can you throw the 'pccard dumpcis' output for your '589 this
: way, as well as the configuration index that you're currently using?

Further experimentation has shown that the irq makes no difference at
all.  What really did matter was the i/o range.  The range 0x240-0x2e0
was what caused the problems.  After removing that range of addresses
and adding irqs, I was able to bring up the card on irq 10, 11 and 15.

Also a warning.  The format of pccard.conf has changed between 2.2.2R
PAO and -current, so a make installworld needs some help before you'll
have -current on your machine.

BTW, has anybody been able to get the Libretto 30 XFConfig file
working on the 50?  I'm having problems getting to work, but that may
be due to the way I installed XFree86... none of the lib*.a files were
installed the first time...  I'm trying again, but nfs is slow...

Warner