Date:      Wed, 12 Nov 1997 16:08:53 -0000 (GMT)
From:      Conrad Sabatier <conrads@neosoft.com>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Luigi's PnP in 2.2.5 -- problem

On 12-Nov-97 Luigi Rizzo wrote:
>> Corrected this, remade pnpinfo.  Fiddled a litle more with boot-time config,
>> and...OSS finally works!  Yay!  I am SO HAPPY!
>>
>> Thank you so much Luigi!
>
> yeah, this is the pay back ... you use the PnP code to run a competition
> audio driver :) :) :)
>
> (I am kidding of course)

Heh.  :-)  No, really, I do intend to try your driver.  I just wanted to do one
bit of patching at a time, and OSS had always sounded interesting.  So far I've
only played a few .au files with it, though.  Getting the MIDI stuff to work
takes a bit more setting up, it looks like (at least for the AWE 64).

Thanks again!  I had just about given up on ever getting this card to work
under FreeBSD (stupid motherboard Crystal audio -- un-disableable until I
used your PnP patch -- caused me no end of headaches).

--
Conrad Sabatier
http://www.neosoft.com/~conrads

And the Deep Thought of the Day (tm) is:

Honk if you hate bumper stickers that say "Honk if ..."