Date:      Thu, 13 Nov 1997 19:16:14 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Lee Crites (AEI)" <leec@adam.adonai.net>
To:        David Greenman <dg@root.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Walnut Creek

On Wed, 12 Nov 1997, David Greenman wrote:

=>>Ah, thanks -- but you didn't say what version they are running.
=>
=>   2.2-stable with local changes. Don't ask for the local changes.

If I remember correctly, the "local changes" were about using a
dumptruck load of ram.  I'm thinking it was quite a bit more than
the normal person would ever use, so it wouldn't matter to most
of us anyway.

Just out of idle curiosity, are there other "local changes"
besides the memory one?

My main reason for asking is because I use www.cdrom.com as an
example of how kick-butt FreeBSD is.  If that site is better
because of a bunch of "local changes," then I need another
example...

Lee