Date:      Sat, 15 Nov 1997 05:46:02 -0500 (EST)
From:      David Kott <dakott@kott.my.domain>
To:        Charlie Root <root@love.MCCP.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I have this problem

On Fri, 14 Nov 1997, Charlie Root wrote:

> I want to play mp3 files, and it plays but,
> it is like i do not have enough buffering space...
>
> Sound: DMA timed out - IRQ/DRQ config error?

Is your LPT port using that interrupt? You may not share interrupts.  If
this is the problem, you may configure your lpt driver for polling only,
thus saving yourself that precious IRQ line.

Change:

device          lpt0    at isa? port? tty irq 7 vector lptintr

in your kernel config. file to:

device          lpt0    at isa? port? tty

recompile, etc.

> P.S. under Win95 it works perfectly.... so I do not think it is hardware
> problem ; -)

You're using logic.  Doesn't work with '95... '95 is "intuitive" *quiver*

								-d