Date:      Sun, 8 Mar 1998 14:54:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        jb@cimlogic.com.au (John Birrell)
Cc:        dufault@hda.com, jb@FreeBSD.ORG, cvs-committers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/include sched.h Makefile

> Uh, sorry I didn't notice this. My understanding of POSIX 1003.1-1996
> is that sched.h needs to end up in /usr/include. Half of what you have
> in posix4/sched.h just belongs in /usr/include/sched.h because it
> is for user-space user only. Then the #ifndef KERNEL would not be
> required and /usr/include/sched.h can include the part that is shared
> with the kernel.

It is linked into /usr/include - it is in the subdirectory for
keeping the source modular.  #ifndef KERNEL is to let the kernel
get at the structure definition in case implementation specific
members (as allowed by the spec) are added so the structure def is
in one place.

Peter

--
Peter Dufault (dufault@hda.com)   Realtime development, Machine control,
HD Associates, Inc.               Safety critical systems, Agency approval