Date:      Wed, 18 Mar 1998 23:52:31 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <ac199@hwcn.org>
To:        Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@gnu.org>
Cc:        Studded@dal.net, hoek@hwcn.org, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bin/6039

On Wed, 18 Mar 1998, Joel Ray Holveck wrote:

> At work, I frequently transfer .zip files with Netscape with no
> corruption.  Most people using 'weird' ftp clients (ncftp, et al)

Probably because it's a .zip file and is quickly/easily
recognized as requiring binary mode.  Our .flp ending probably
causes ftp clients which try to auto-guess the mode confusion.
I recall having this problem with Lynx downloading the *.flp
files at one time.  To get around it, I used wcarchive's auto tar
& gz feature so the the filename ended in .tar.gz, making it
obvious to Lynx to use binary mode.

--
 tIM...HOEk
OPTIMIZATION: the process of using many one-letter variables names