Date:      Thu, 19 Mar 1998 09:59:36 +0000
From:      "Duncan Barclay" <dmlb@ragnet.demon.co.uk>
To:        Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: doc "renovation" project volunteer

> Date:          Thu, 19 Mar 1998 16:37:15 +1100
> From:          Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
> To:            John Kenagy <jktheowl@bga.com>
> Cc:            Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject:       Re: doc "renovation" project volunteer

> I have volunteered before to review any documentation that is offered, but
> it would be even better to have more than one newbie perspective. What I
> propose is to announce in freebsd-newbies when specific help is required,
> coordinate that help, and report back here. On the flip side, if newbies say
> they're wanting something in particular in the way of docs I can gather
> their thoughts together, present them here, and report back to -newbies.
> That way you don't get bored or annoyed by incompetence and they don't get
> made to feel small or under scrutiny. Of course this doesn't preclude any
> other methods, but provides a workable structure.
> --
>
> Regards,
>         -*Sue*-

Hi

I'm taking you up on your offer to review docs.
Can you have a look at the Usenet tutorial that I have written.
It isn't finsihed yet, but I would like feedback as to style and
whether it is logical etc.

http://www.ragnet.demon.co.uk/mynews.html

I will try and put a newer version on later today at about 6pm UK
time.

Things I am in the process of writing at the moment:
	- the Building/Configuring Inn chapter  is being updated to the
	latest	  port.

	- the Building/Configuring Suck chapter ditto.

	- all output from the examples will be re run on a clean machine
	so they are up to date.

	- putting files on my website where I say they should be!

I wouldn't suggest that you actually try using it yet.

Once those things are done the primer should stand alone okay and
be ready for a link on the tutorials page so that people can get
things up and running.

Next things to do are:
	- expand and write the inn overvierw properly.
	- expand the suck overview.
	- work out how to and write about re installing
	- more what happens if it goes wrong stuff,
	  (this will have to grow organically as people
	have problems!)
	the system with an existing new setup.
	- talk about cleverer things to do
		suck kill files