Date:      Thu, 28 May 1998 18:17:19 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirk.vangulik@jrc.it>
To:        "Rick C. Petty" <rick@kris.wpi.edu>
Cc:        Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirk.vangulik@jrc.it>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Toshiba Tecra 550CDT internal modem

On Thu, 28 May 1998, Rick C. Petty wrote:

> > > How do I get my internal modem to work on my Toshiba 550CDT?

> > What kernel are you using ?; I beleive we have the same here and it

> Stupid me, I forgot to mention.  2.2.6-R.

Ok, we are on 2.2.5 but that should not matter. You tried a 2.2.5 boot
flop just in case ? And used visual to set the right IRQ/mem ?

> sio0 not found at 0x3f8
> sio1 not found at 0x2f8
> sio2 not found at 0x3e8
> sio3 not found at 0x2e8
> lpt0 at 0x378-0x37f irq 7 on isa

> It doesn't look like either -d or -v or even -g gave much more help on
> the serial devices.  Does this help?

This is indeed very strange. And does give little hint as to a solution. I
assume that DOS/Windows does see the interfaces ? I do belive that
toshiba uses their own chipset; but ours (admittedly an early model
with a 'european' approved modem) does work fine. And you are not having
any docing station connected ?

Dw.