Date:      Thu, 28 May 1998 18:58:16 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirk.vangulik@jrc.it>
To:        "Rick C. Petty" <rick@kris.wpi.edu>
Cc:        dirk.vangulik@jrc.it, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Toshiba Tecra 550CDT internal modem

On Thu, 28 May 1998, Rick C. Petty wrote:

> > toshiba uses their own chipset; but ours (admittedly an early model
>
> Yeah, I know.  I don't like proprietary hardware, but toshiba isn't the
> worst.  They use the s3 video card and a supported CS sound chip, so I
> can't complain too much.  So far, everything else has worked perfectly
> without major modification, at least.
>
> > with a 'european' approved modem) does work fine. And you are not having
> > any docing station connected ?
>
> No doc station, unless you consider transferring floppies back and forth  ;)

Ok, cause if we attach it our's goes weird. I just got it out of the
stores and am looking at it; but it very much appears as a normal sio1
port.  However the docs we have (for the europa approved model) are very
clear in that it does _not_ support GSM phones . The english/american
doc's say it does. So there is a hardware difference.

My guess that printf's are the only option :-( sorry.

Dw