Date:      Sun, 31 May 1998 21:40:28 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@hub.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kern/2270

Yes, I am well aware of this fact.  I take each and every
PR very seriously!  In this instance it appeared that you
had addressed the issue (if only half-baked as you put
it).  I will re-open the PR.

Steve

On Mon, 1 Jun 1998, Bruce Evans wrote:

# However, it is not safe to say that the disappearance of the
# originator is grounds for closing a PR.  Bugs don't go away
# when their originator does, except for hardware bugs for
# hardware with one user.
#
# The status of the fixes for the bug is:
# - half-baked workaround for the bug in -current.  The workaround
#   slightly breaks flushing of output on ESP ports.  Users should
#   configure option COM_ESP if they have any ESP ports even if
#   they don't really want to use the ports in ESP mode.
# - quarter-baked workaround for the bug in -stable.  The workaround
#   slightly breaks flushing of output on all 16550 ports.  There is
#   no need to configure COM_ESP to get the workaround.
#
# Bruce
#