Date:      Sun, 7 Jun 1998 10:09:20 -0500
From:      mib@io.com
To:        Christoph.Prevezanos@post.uni-bielefeld.de
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SoundCard Error: The soundcard system has not been configured (was Re: Error when compiling kernel with OPL driver)

On Sun, Jun 07, 1998 at 01:09:04PM +0200, Christoph Prevezanos wrote:
> this errormessage is very generell. Sounds like you have not correctly
> declared your opl-driver in the kernel.
> How did you configure it?

After a closer second look, I relized I had left 'controller snd0' out.  Doh.
Still, not all is well yet.  Here is the important info (I think) from dmesg...

Probing for PnP devices:
CSN 1 Vendor ID: YMH0030 [0x3000a865] Serial 0x80860001

opl0 at 0x388 on isa
opl0: <Yamaha OPL-3 FM>
SoundCard Error: The soundcard system has not been configured

So I guess the question is now, how do I configure the sound card?  I looked
at the Handbook and FAQ but neither really touch on the subject of PnP devices
in general or sound cards, specifically.  Again, thanks.