Date:      Tue, 7 Jul 1998 08:18:38 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        rln@ludd.luth.se (Rolf Larsson)
Cc:        gibbs@pluto.plutotech.com, scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Two problems (Ultra2-performance and CD-recording)

Rolf Larsson wrote...
> The patch fixes my problem regarding probing the CD-writer (or rather,
> with the SCSI ID). With the patch it detects the adapter at ID 7, which
> is correct. Thanks for all the help, and for the work!
>
> Snippets from dmesg:
> ahc0: aic7890/91 Wide Channel A, SCSI Id=7, 32/255 SCBs
> pass1 at ahc0 bus 0 target 2 lun 0
> pass1: <YAMAHA CRW4260 1.0g> Removable CD-ROM SCSI2 device
> pass1: 3.300MB/s transfers
> cd0 at ahc0 bus 0 target 2 lun 0
> cd0: <YAMAHA CRW4260 1.0g> Removable CD-ROM SCSI2 device
> cd0: 3.300MB/s transfers
> cd0: Attempt to query device size failed: NOT READY, Medium not present - tray c

	Great, I'm glad it works.

> (cdrecord-1_6-cam_980630_tar.gz doesn't like me though, it bus errors
> because of "undefined error 0")

	Do you have /usr/include/camlib.h on your system?  And have you
installed libcam?  The cdrecord port uses camlib.h to figure out whether
you're on a CAM system or not.  If that isn't the problem, could you send
the command line arguments you're using, and the output from cdrecord?
(turn on the verbose flags as well)

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry