Date:      Fri, 14 Aug 1998 03:54:26 +0400
From:      "Andrey A. Chernov" <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
To:        Satoshi Asami <asami@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        cvs-committers@FreeBSD.ORG, cvs-all@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/net/ncftp3 Makefile

On Thu, Aug 13, 1998 at 04:49:47PM -0700, Satoshi Asami wrote:
>  *   remove NO_LATEST_LINK - this port not conflicts with existen ncftp*
>  *   installations
>
> You're missunderstanding the purpose of that variable.  It prohibits
> the "Latest/ncftp.tgz" symlink to appear in the package directory.

There is different name, not ncftp.tgz
Do you mean that version postfix will be dropped automatically?

> When they are multiple versions of the same port, all but one should
> have NO_LATEST_LINK set.  In this case, ncftp2 is the last non-beta
> version, so that one is designated as the "representative".

All ncftp versions are totally different, so they can be considered as
different programs.
Well, if you insist, confirm it and I'll put NO_LATEST_LINK back

--
Andrey A. Chernov
http://www.nagual.pp.ru/~ache/