Date:      Sat, 15 Aug 1998 22:42:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bernie Doehner <bad@uhf.wireless.net>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: latest sound driver news?

> no idea, but -stable and -current have the april version of my sound
> code, and i haven't done any development of audio after snd980607, so...
> might it be something related with permissions ?

Hi Luigi:

Thanks for response.

WHAT?  Well, I tried blindly overlaying snd980607 on top of
/sys/i386/isa/snd, and it didn't compile.. sndioctl mismatch, but I
clearly must research more..  I thought it was /dev/audio1 for read and
/dev/audio0 for write, RIGHT?  Writing to audio0 complains that:
"pcm0: unit not configured, perhaps you want pcm1?"

No permissions have changed (as far as I know from when this last worked).

More when I am awake.

Bernie