Date:      Wed, 02 Sep 1998 00:01:13 +0000
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, sef@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Standardizing a BSD/ELF ABI...

> Mike Smith wrote:
> > > What about BSDI?  Presumably they've been stable for a while.  Having
> > > those two compatible would also be an incentive for the NetBSD people.
> >
> > Indeed.  Anyone here doing anything with BSD/OS these days?  Sean, you
> > keep labelling yourself as listening to them...
>
> I have 3.1.and 4.0 with source. What can I do? (I picking up the thread
> a bit late, here).

You could start by taking a FreeBSD ELF binary and seeing if it runs on
the BSD/OS system, and vice-versa.  You'll want something dynamically
linked to test the library ABI.

Then you might want to compare the syscalls.master files, and see how
badly we're diverging from them.  (This is an issue for anything
statically linked.)