Date:      Mon, 19 Oct 1998 01:39:52 +1300
From:      Joe Abley <jabley@clear.co.nz>
To:        larry nilsen <Larry_nilsen@eee.org>, freebsd-mozilla@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: how do i install packages

On Sat, Oct 17, 1998 at 07:22:50AM -0000, larry nilsen wrote:
> Hi group i have FREEBSD 2.2.7 installed but i dont
> have anything in my /usr/ports/distfiles yet
> i would like the netscape4-navigator package to
> install. my cdrom doesnt seem to be supported
> i cant seem to get it going. so is there a way to copy the package to msdos partition and install
> it to freebsd from there ? and if so which cdrom
> 1-4 that has the package to install.i would like
> to put it in my /usr/ports/distfiles and just hit make install please tell me how to do all this :)

/usr/ports/distfiles will fill up automagically as you add ports.

To install Navigator 4, do (as root), whilst dialled in to the internet,

# cd /usr/ports/www/netscape4-navigator
# make install && make clean

The appropriate binaries for navigator will be downloaded as part of the
install process. After installation, you might like to clean out
/usr/ports/distfiles to save some space.

Oh - read the FAQ, and send questions like these to freebsd-questions, not
freebsd-mozilla (which is basically a dead list).

--
Joe Abley <jabley@clear.co.nz>      Tel +64 9 912-4065, Fax +64 9 912-5008
Network Architect, CLEAR Net                      http://www.clear.net.nz/