Date:      Sun, 25 Oct 1998 18:33:09 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas Valentino Crimi <tcrimi+@andrew.cmu.edu>
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG, lcremean@tidalwave.net
Subject:   Re: TGA card interrupts

Excerpts from mail: 25-Oct-98 Re: TGA card interrupts by Lee
Cremeans@st-lcremean
> Intel PCs with PCI have this same problem...VGA cards (which almost _never_
> need an IRQ) get assigned an IRQ unless the BIOS can be told not to do
> that. I gather gfrom what you've written that the TGA does not generate
> interrupts either, so doesn't need the IRQ.

  I noticed because the vga card (an Ark logic) on the computer I was
booting the TGA card on didn't have an IRQ.

vga0: <ARK Logic 2000PV SVGA controller> rev 0x00 on pci0.8.0

  If irq doesn't matter if it's there but not required, the search
continues for what is preventing me from accessing the card.