Date:      Sun, 15 Nov 1998 19:16:01 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        mike@smith.net.au (Mike Smith)
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, grog@lemis.com, mike@smith.net.au, ticso@cicely.de, peter.jeremy@auss2.alcatel.com.au, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Vinum] Stupid benchmark: newfsstone

> > > I'll tell you what: anybody who wants, go and look at the request
> > > building code in /usr/src/lkm/vinum/request.c and rebuild it to
> > > perform the "aggregation" optimizations that Bernd wants, and I'll
> > > put it into the code.
> >
> > RAIDFrame was built as a research tool to allow people to test
> > out just such theories, with the minimum amount of code, and no
> > modification required to the framework in which the code runs.
> >
> > It's acutally the right tool for the job of testing these ideas
> > out.
>
> ... it was also imported into NetBSD on the 12th.
>
> What's most irritating is that the vast majority of the diffs between
> the original RAIDframe code and the version imported into the NetBSD
> tree are noise - formatting, prototypes, etc.
>
> The actual meat is pretty trivial, but it makes me wonder who actually
> reviewed the code, and what their criteria were...

Ugh.

I know that the patch set I made was just to make the thing compile;
the author assured me that it would be rolled into the next release.
I'm not sure whether my patches on freebsd.org are redundant yet, or
not.

Maybe the formatting changes came from a next release of the code?

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.