Date:      Tue, 01 Dec 1998 15:17:35 +0000
From:      Mark Blackman <tmb@rcru.rl.ac.uk>
To:        Cheng-Lung Sung <AlanSung@SungSung.Dorm10.NCTU.edu.tw>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG

although the lower levels of code (CAM) can handle 2048 byte
sectors no problem, the 'msdosfs' code needs to be tweaked
a bit more to get this kind of functionality. It looks
reasonably close but I think there are a couple of
hardwired 512-byte block reads that I didn't get to track
down.

However, the latest version of mtools (3.9.1) appears to
work for me with an entry in /usr/local/etc/mtools.conf of

drive m: file="/dev/da1" blocksize=2048

(obviously changing drive details as appropriate). It does
put errors on the console, but the mtools operation does complete
with expected results.

You also seem to need a disk in the drive at boot-up
for the MO drive to be configured. (cvsup of 981028)

Mark