Date:      Thu, 10 Dec 1998 15:42:34 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Joseph Koshy <jkoshy@FreeBSD.ORG>, eivind@hub.freebsd.org
Cc:        committers@hub.freebsd.org, vanmaren@fast.cs.utah.edu
Subject:   Re: Swat teams (was: problem reports)

On Wednesday,  9 December 1998 at 21:07:58 -0800, Joseph Koshy wrote:

>> In message <19981210043511.S15330@follo.net> Eivind Eklund writes:
>> : So - count me among the replies :-)
>
> Me too.  I've been doing some of this already albeit at a slow rate, so
> please count me in for the SWAT effort.
>
> One thing I would like to caution folks is not to underestimate the time it
> takes to understand the PR, debug the submitted patches, test and commit
> the changes.

Well, it looks like I'm getting my 5 replies together.

>From what I've seen, the big problem is not the cases where people
submit patches, but where they submit PRs with no fix and with hardly
enough information to guess what the problem is (or even if there is a
problem).  That's certainly what I found at Tandem, when I was
insulated from the customers by a layer of supposedly intelligent and
educuated ``analysts''.

Greg