Date:      Tue, 15 Dec 1998 13:01:25 +1100 (EST)
From:      Andy Farkas <andyf@speednet.com.au>
To:        Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        npe@bfc.dk, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Aout to ELF

On Fri, 11 Dec 1998, Ben Smithurst wrote:

> npe@bfc.dk wrote:
>
> > I'm wondering if there's any documentation on how to change from aout to
> > elf kernels ?? I thought that a make aout-to-elf world do the trick.. But
> > it fails with a missing script...
>
> If you told us what script was missing someone may be able to work out
> what you've done wrong.

After a successful 'make aout-to-elf-build' this happens:

Script started on Mon Dec 14 12:39:58 1998
You have mail.
dev#
dev# pwd
/usr/src
dev#
dev# make aout-to-elf-install

 You are about to move all the installed a.out libraries into
 an aout sub-directory of each elf library directory. You can
 type Ctrl-C to abort now or press return to start the moving
 the libraries.
Directories to search: /usr/lib /usr/lib/compat /usr/local/lib /usr/X11R6/lib
Return to continue or Ctrl-C to abort:
/usr/src/tools/tools/upgrade/move_aout_libs.sh: Can't open /usr/src/tools/tools/upgrade/move_aout_libs.sh
*** Error code 2

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
dev# exit

Script done on Mon Dec 14 12:40:20 1998

This is NOT pilot error, and is 100% reproducable, IF you download the
tarballs from ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/3.0-RELEASE/src and use
the install.sh script to extract them.

ATTN: Jordan

    install.sh does not extract stools.aa

--