Date:      Sun, 10 Jan 1999 12:19:50 -0500
From:      "C. Stephen Gunn" <csg@physics.purdue.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Subject:   Re: NFS problems under 3.0-RELEASE

On Thu, Jan 07, 1999 at 02:07:47AM +0000, Terry Lambert wrote:

> Dump from 32 bytes before the problem to 64 bytes after as hex.
>
> See if the corruption, in fact, contains the ethernet address of one
> or both machines.

I didn't notice the Ethernet Addresses in there, but they may have
slipped by me un-noticed.  I also haven't had the time to reproduce
the problem since it was the show-stopper for deploying 5 machines
in our department.  (yes, in the department of physics, you can
have the clerical staff run FreeBSD) <grin>.

If Terry, or someone else wants a look at a kernel dump from this
problem, I'll see if I can't get one.

 - Steve

--
C. Stephen Gunn, Computer Systems Engineer         <csg@physics.purdue.edu>
Physics Computer Network, Purdue University