Date:      16 Jan 1999 14:43:35 -0500
From:      Kevin Street <street@iname.com>
To:        "Alex S. Burba" <alex@cormoran.da.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3com905b-TX

"Alex S. Burba" <alex@cormoran.da.ru> writes:

> I can not make work my 3com905b-TX in 100 mbit (full-duplex), it
> works in half-duplexm only. We have a 100 mbit (full-duplex) Compex's
> hub. Also, two Windows NT with 3com905B-TX are connected to this hub
> and they work in full-duplex. How can I set up my FreeBSD server to
> work in full-duplex??

Mine is detected in half-duplex, but I can flip it to full by putting
a line like this in /etc/rc.conf.local:

ifconfig_xl0="inet <ipaddress> media 100baseTX mediaopt full-duplex"

I've been assuming that the detection problem was because I just have
mine on a crossover cable (no hub) which 3Com says can cause this
problem.  Since you see this on a hub though, perhaps there is a bug
in the detection logic in the driver.  In any case, you should be able
to force it in the rc files or by using ifconfig yourself.

--
Kevin Street
street@iName.com