Date:      Wed, 27 Jan 1999 14:10:17 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        garyj@muc.de (Gary Jennejohn)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: devstat and atapi-cd.c

Gary Jennejohn wrote...
> Are there any plans to add devstat support to atapi-cd.c, a la scsi_cd.c ?
>
> Is it even considered to be desirable ?

I think it is desireable.  I think the best person to do it is probably
Soren or someone else who is familar with the driver.

The thing you have to make sure of is that you have exactly one
devstat_start_transaction() call for each transaction that you send to the
device, and exactly one devstat_end_transaction() call for each transaction
you get back.  That includes any error cases, as well as the "normal"
cases.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry