Date:      Thu, 11 Feb 1999 12:16:55 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
Cc:        dkelly@nebula.tbe.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Avery Labels in FreeBSD?

I can also understand why Avery chose Windows. They could write something
generic and they didn't have to write a printer driver for every conceivable
printer on the market. The drivers all came with Windows or were supplied by
the printer manufacturer.

An easy way to create a FreeBSD program would be to setup a couple of labels
in Word but print them to a file instead of sending the lables to the
printer. You have your template for printing to your printer using FreeBSD.
You could probably use sed to do the editing with a simple script.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kstewart@3-cities.com

Hunting Archibald Stewart, b 1802 in Ballymena, Antrim Co., NIR
http://www.3-cities.com/~kstewart/genealogy/archibald_stewart.html