Date:      Wed, 24 Feb 1999 11:23:28 +0100
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
To:        Martin Cracauer <cracauer@cons.org>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with Linux-crosscompiling on FreeBSD-ELF

Martin Cracauer wrote:

> I planned to attack this problem myself, but currently don't have
> time, so here is at least a notice. Marcel, this also affects the
> linux_libs package, see below.

[All relevant information snipped :-)]

> We need to take action here. Marcel, if you prepare a new linux_libs
> package, could you take this into account?

[Suggestions snipped]

I remember having those problems when linking Oracle (during install). I
renamed gcc to gcc.bin (the Linux version, that is) and made a script gcc
which just exec'd gcc.bin with some extra flags (such as -nostdlib -L/lib
-L/usr/lib and so on). You may want to try that.

I currently don't need such fixes in order to relink Oracle, which means that
it could be related to the set of libraries present in /compat/linux/lib or
the use of LD_LIBRARY_PATH...

I think it's more of an issue for the new linux-devel port, btw.

If my time allows me to do so, I'll do some testing...

Thanks for the notice.

marcel