Date:      Fri, 12 Mar 1999 16:57:29 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: disapointing security architecture

:
:I'm not talking about certification, just hiring somebody to blast
:a box with garbage packets, run SATAN, etc. and report what they find.
:
:-Archie
:Archie Cobbs   *   Whistle Communications, Inc.  *   http://www.whistle.com

    I don't see it as being worth it.  It could be tens of thousands of
    dollars with nothing to show for it at the end.   If we do any sort of
    official security audit, it must work towards something tangible that
    we can use as a marketing tool.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>