Date:      Tue, 16 Mar 1999 20:59:07 -0000
From:      "Rich Wood" <rich@dynamite.org>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What do people think of May 1st for a 3.2 release date?

On 16 Mar 99, at 18:59, Wilko Bulte wrote:

> And last week here in Holland for a friend of mine who has a WC subscription
> for them

Talking of subscriptions, issuing releases too often may put people off
subscriptions as it could start to get expensive.

As people have pointed out, it takes a while to distribute CD's, as it
stands, if 3.2 was to be released on May 1st, it would give 3.1-RELEASE a
useable life of about 6 weeks[1] before 3.2-RELEASE was `created`.

I'm not saying that we should hold off on 3.2 just because 3.1 is still
new, but I feel there must be a compelling reason (major security fix,
important new features etc.) to release it so soon after people get their
3.1 CD's.

[1] For those of us outside USA. My CD only arrived on 13/3/99

Rich

--
rich@dynamite.org
If that's what they call normal, I'd rather be insane.