Date:      Wed, 24 Mar 1999 13:24:02 +0900
From:      Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org, nick.hibma@jrc.it, yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: usb keyboard?

>Cool !
>
>	kbdcontrol -k /dev/kbd1 < /dev/ttyv0
>
>Appears to work 8)
>

>Now I have to figure out how to add support for my mouse. Got no clue what
>protocol does it use . All I know is that is Macally USB mouse is going to be
>fun hunting for the mouse protocol 8)

No, you don't need to find out protocol :-)

Run moused to see how it recognizes the USB mouse:

	moused -i all -p /dev/ums0

It will print some info.  Then start the mouse daemon as:

	moused -p /dev/ums0
	kbdcontrol -m on

The mouse pointer is now available in the text console.  In order to
use the USB mouse in the X session, you tell the X server that the
mouse is at /dev/sysmouse and its protocol type is "Auto"

	Device "/dev/sysmouse"
	Protocol "Auto"

If you decide not to use the mouse daemon and let the X sever directly
read from the USB mouse, you still tell the X server the mouse
protocol type is "Auto".

	Device "/dev/ums0"
	Protocol "Auto"

(If you are using XFree86 3.3.1 or earlier, the protocol type is
"MouseSystems".)

Kazu