Date:      Fri, 26 Mar 1999 10:05:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Joe \"Marcus\" Clarke" <marcus@miami.edu>
To:        David Greenman <dg@root.com>
Cc:        bpechter@shell.monmouth.com, Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Swan song

On Fri, 26 Mar 1999, David Greenman wrote:

> >I hate to say this, but Linux has won for the time being.
> >I'm considering a switch to NetBSD or Linux here at home because of
> >a number of problems with the direction FreeBSD has taken with the 3.x
> >and 4.x releases.
>
>    What you please elaborate? What problems do you have with the direction
> we're going?

Personally, I like the way FreeBSD is going.  They have a -stable, and a
-current tree, they are committed to timely releases, bug fixes, new
features keeping with industry releases, and user input on release
schedules and feature deployment.  I've actually converted three Linux
users in the past week because of FreeBSD's improved stability, better
software install model, and better driver support.

> -DG
>
> David Greenman
> Co-founder/Principal Architect, The FreeBSD Project

Joe Clarke
CSE Cisco Systems RTP