Date:      Sun, 28 Mar 1999 16:48:41 +1200
From:      Andrew McNaughton <andrew@squiz.co.nz>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Cc:        Gustavo Rios <grios@gabriel.netshell.com.br>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: suid/guid

> In message <36FC7066.1FE66497@netshell.com.br> Gustavo Rios writes:
> : Is there any suid/guid bit set file exploitable on systems 2.2.8-Stable?
>
> Not the the best of my knowledge.
>
> Warner
> FreeBSD Security Officer

Does 2.2.8-STABLE exist?  I thought 2.2.8 had stopped at RELEASE.

There was some discussion, and I gather a 2.2.8 ports collection is on the net.  Unless this is being kept up to date, it will include some security holes.

eg ports for lsof and super were updated to cover security holes in suid binaries not long back, but this may not be reflected in old ports collections.

Andrew McNaughton