Date:      Thu, 15 Apr 1999 01:04:12 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        asami@FreeBSD.org (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
Cc:        obrien@FreeBSD.org, cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/share/mk Makefile

I asked him to do it because I was tired of my ports collection being
broken and you, as you know, messed up my package tools by putting it
in the wrong place to begin with (I've been deleting it by hand with
every make world and it was starting to drive me nuts).

The delay, intentional or not, was too long for something that
shouldn't have been done at all. :-(

Next time, please prevent this from happening in the first place by
asking me before putting things under /var/db/pkg (or usurping any
other directory created for another tool's benefit).  This could have
been prevented entirely with just a little extra work.

- Jordan