Date:      Sat, 17 Apr 1999 05:16:57 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        Luoqi Chen <luoqi@watermarkgroup.com>, camel@avias.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: some news about ftp hangs

Brian Somers wrote:

> Now I think I'm confused ;-}  I haven't seen any changes to ftp....
> I did the double lookup bit to all the stuff in libexec (including
> ftpd), but that shouldn't effect what's going on here.  If the
> external NS record for Louqi's machine isn't supposed to be on that
> machine, then we shouldn't have seen a DNS query (maybe named is only
> binding to the internal IP - hence the ICMP unreachable bit).

It looked too easy a suspect at this late at night. Sorry. The
changes related to logging, and would not touch ftp, only ftpd. I
was just confused by a recent problem I had with telnet client doing
a reverse name lookup.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"Well, Windows works, using a loose definition of 'works'..."