Date:      Sun, 18 Apr 1999 10:33:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        Susie Ward <sward@voltage.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cheapo 56k hardware

On Sun, 18 Apr 1999, Susie Ward wrote:

> At 11:08 PM 4/17/99 -0400, Chuck Robey wrote:
> >Thanks for the helpful summary.  It's not great news, he wants to add
> >maybe 2 56K customers, and that makes buying another T1 hard to justify.
> >Maybe I gotta see about ISDN.  This is changing now, I think maybe Bell
> >Atlantic is either going to wake up soon, or is waking up now.  Their
> >deals are about the worst in the country.
>
> *Two* 56k customers?! Are you even talking about 56k dialup? or just two
> 56k dedicated line customers?

Oh, he has other customers (that's what all the 33.6 modems he has are
for) but now has a new customer that wants 56K access and promises
enough business to make it likely to be well worth it.  I'm trying to
see how to do that without the consequences being too extreme.  Right
now, the telco interface is a bunch of 2wire pots lines for the modems,
and one 4 wire T1 for the 128K frame relay.  This means I'm looking for
a way to do this that doesn't need another T1 brought in, it costs quite
a bit of cash.

> Susie

chuckr@picnic.mat.net       | communications topic, C programming, and Unix.
213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (Solaris7).