From:      Walter Hafner <hafner@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        Walter Hafner <hafner@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: High availability and limited budget

 > > I need to build a high availability system, but have only a very limited
 > > budget.
 [...]
 > With ccd, this requires a reboot and reconfiguration.  You'd be better
 > off using Vinum.
 >
 > >   Note: I don't want to ose vinum, because of its beta stage.
 >
 > Which beta stage?

You're still coding on it, right?

Parts (mirroring, striping, etc) may be finished and production stable,
but other parts are not.

I made the experience, that internal data structures, data layout
etc. of non-finished products may change. Even the finised parts may be
changed again.

Therefore, I run only fully released software on my production
machines. I know that this is no guarante for stability (take the
different MS-Word formats...), but I still think I'm better off this
way.

Kind regards,

-Walter

--