Date:      Fri, 18 Jun 1999 05:18:15 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Stefan `Sec` Zehl <sec@42.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: PAO3 branch goes into the tree

> What happened to all that other decisions to be made at Usenix?
> (newbus vs. newconfig, and commit privileges come to my mind)

Actually, none of these were decisions were scheduled to be made at
Usenix. :) The newbus and newconfig stuff was already pretty much
argued-out before USENIX, the goal of Usenix being to try and discuss
this more in person and get from "arguing" to "discussing" plans on an
ongoing basis.

The commit bit decision was explicitly agreed would *not* happen at
USENIX since other people in the decision loop didn't want to be left
out of that.  More public notification on that issue will follow
shortly; we're still talking about it.

- Jordan